Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /usr/www/users/beaverun/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
BeaveRun • View topic - Karts in Grassroots Series

Karts in Grassroots Series

Karting Events at BeaveRun

Karts in Grassroots Series

by rhytonen on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:09 am

Hi -

This is exciting news for the enduro (laydown) karters on the East Coast!

Can you provide more detailed information?
For instance, what about enduros that aren't TAGs or shifters?

It would be a shame not to extend this important and rare access to all enduro karts, which, unlike TAGs and shifters, can't run on a sprint track at all.

(For those who aren't familiar, laydown/enduro frames, many of which have aerodynamic bodywork, are inappropriate for, and cannot run on, sprint tracks. Vintage enduros are the ones with long, full length side tanks. This is not to be confused with the "laydown" sprint seats used on oval tracks. You actually lie down in an enduro, like a powered luge.
Enduro frames are specifically designed for long tracks with wider turns, and only race on '2 mile plus' car tracks - such as Summit Point, New Jersey Motorsports Park, VIR, Mid-Ohio, Road America, Roebling Road, etc.- all of which have enduro kart race seasons. There is still a thriving enduro sport in the east and midwest.)

Can we still run in time trials, and/or race (if necessary) "not for points," along with the TAGs/shifters - that is, until BR sees the participation and realizes a vintage and modern laydown class is needed?

Also it's obvious many of the rules (licenses from automobile sports car orgs, seat belts, roll cages) couldn't, and shouldn't, apply to, or be attempted on, karts.

Thanks,
Rod Hytonen
Rod Hytonen
rhytonen

Re: Karts in Grassroots Series

by BeaveRun on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:34 pm

For the time being we are doing TAG and Shifter. But, essentially could expand to other karts once things start rolling. At this time we are building a roster for each class & we plan to run all karts in a single run group. We just need to be sure there is enough to have it's own class.

If we have enough interest we can do a separate class. If you have others interested get them up here to post and get a roster together.

BeaveRun
Site Admin

by rhytonen on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:30 am

Chris@BeaveRun wrote:For the time being we are doing TAG and Shifter. But, essentially could expand to other karts once things start rolling. At this time we are building a roster for each class & we plan to run all karts in a single run group. We just need to be sure there is enough to have it's own class.

If we have enough interest we can do a separate class. If you have others interested get them up here to post and get a roster together.

Hi -

Working on it, in person and through the forums.
But I just want to be sure we're not turned away if people show up.
I know I will, at least next month.

Thought it's shorter for me, it's a long trip for many,
but they do even much longer trips for races.
(I would have too if I weren't retired.)

The economy places many, even previously working people in a different position, more like mine,
but they still have laydowns they need to drive - just like us retired geezers.

I really think you have something here, but it takes over a year for word to get around the clubs, how the experience was. Also they plan their seasons well in advance in the winter, due to costs.
I'm betting (but only if it stays at this price,) BR will figure in many of those plans next year.
Keep the early start, as this is most rare and valuable for test & tune.

Thanks again,
Rod
Rod Hytonen
rhytonen

by BeaveRun Dan on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 am

Rod,

Any idea if anyone from your group plans on running the final BRA race - October 31 / November 1? We have about twenty karts that are planning to come and we need to know if we need two rungroups - laydowns and uprights.

Thanks!
Dan Schlosser
BeaveRun Dan
Site Admin

by rhytonen on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Dan -

I may even be able to make this one, finally.
(Car problems currently. The trip across the southern mountains to VIR's Heacock Gold Cup was too hard on it, broke a camshaft. There were lots of VK's at that one. The 3-4 day weekends, with a FULL practice day for vintage alone, tend to make for the best numbers of VK travelers.)

I plan to get down to Savannah (Roebling Rd.) for their Oct. 1-3 vintage event, and will be talking to guys there who come from the north (as well as the south.)

Best way to check interest though is to look at the NJMP, Mid-Ohio, VIR, SPR, and Roebling, as well as the clubs (Woodbridge, Southern, VKA, R.E.A.R., FEDCO, Dart Kart, etc.) schedules. They looked clean to me for the last of Oct., the last I saw.

BTW - what happened to BRA's Aug. 7-8 Grassroots?

Rod
Rod Hytonen
rhytonen

Return to Events