Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /usr/www/users/beaverun/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
BeaveRun • View topic - A Canadian is coming... hopefully...

A Canadian is coming... hopefully...

Sub forum dedicated to our BeaveRun Championship Karting Series.

A Canadian is coming... hopefully...

by Andrew Massey on Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Hey Guys.

I'm a karter from Canada and am trying to plan a trip to race in the States. Did Florida last year, would like to try something different this year. Your Great Pumpkin race would fit the bill as its the week after our season ends up here, plus its two races in one weekend.

The only issue I'm having is understanding these WKA rules. I do have a 4 cycle kart (along with a Rotax). My 4 cycle is a Honda GX200 and is worth about $1500... so I imagine that isn't what the clone class runs. I do have a chineese 6.5 from a store called Princess Auto up here, got it for $100, so I imagine that's what you guys run. She's stock other than valve springs. The Honda is superstocked to 13hp.. is your clone class somewhere in the middle of stock and super-stocked? I read numbers in the rule book and my head spins lol. Tolerances are for engine builders! lol.

Is the Clone class run with proper sprint chassis, (I run a CRG RS4 28mm 4-stroke chassis with the new age bodywork for Honda) or are they the ones that have the "oval track" look to them?

Would I also need to aquire some special American license as well?

Any help would be fantastic! Thanks!

Luckly, this won't be a last minute thing!
Andrew Massey

Re: A Canadian is coming... hopefully...

by Andrew Massey on Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Also... just trying to figure out tire sizes... for Clone... is the rear tire size 7.10 or 6.0 or 6.5?
Andrew Massey

Re: A Canadian is coming... hopefully...

by BeaveRun Dan on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Andrew, sorry for the delay. We had some admin issues that have been straightened out (hopefully).

To answer your questions - it does sound like you have a legal Clone there. That should work fine - regular sprint or 4-cycle bodywork is fine. We have Birels, Coyotes, Golds, Top Karts, Edges, Arrows, etc running so I'm sure you'll be compatible with these guys.

Either the 6.0 or 7.1 is legal although I believe everyone migrated to the 6.0. Any Bridgestone tire is good - YHC, YKC or possibly the new YLC. We'll make that determination once we get to test them. The only stipulation is no new tires on grid.

The Rotax would be welcome as well to run with our TAG class. We have a few Rotax karts running plus Leopard, PRD and Rok TT powered entries.

We'd love to see you make the trip. Let us know if there is anything we can help out with to make it work.
Dan Schlosser
BeaveRun Dan
Site Admin

Return to Kart Racing